Swanson Lithium Orotate 5mg 60 Veg Capsules
- Supports healthy mood, emotional wellness, behavior and memory
- Provides antioxidant protection
- Supports neurotransmitter activity
What is Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate?
In the world of mental health, there is a constant stigma attached to the many varying treatments. Some are considered archaic while others are regarded as being unduly heavy-handed. That stigma is borne out of two things - misunderstanding and fear. Fear of the unknown and the incomprehensible.
According to the WHO, more than 350 million people worldwide suffer from depression and while it affects people of all ages, more women suffer from it than men. Furthermore, it is is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and, perhaps most surprisingly, it is is a major contributor to global disease.
Because of its debilitating nature, the amount of people unwilling to seek help for this illness is staggering. That's where Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate can help.
By combining lithium (an alkali metal) and orotic acid (a compound produced naturally in the body), Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate is a complex that is not only efficacious but also highly bioavailable. For some time now, Lithium has been used medically.
What Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate does is release the lithium ion into the plasma and brain in much the same way as pharmaceutical lithium does.
What is Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate used for?
The danger when addressing any kind of mental health issue is that one can become paralysed by it. Bipolarism, depression, they all work the same way, attacking our mood and causing us to swing from massive highs to dreadful lows.
Lithium itself has been through a fairly tumultuous history. Its use began as far back as the mid 19th century but it was quickly disregarded medically and forgotten about. It took the work of John Cade to bring it back into the public consciousness in 1949 as a form of psychiatry for mania. It wasn't then accepted as a prophylactic for depressive illness until 1970.
Again, seemingly, the issue was understanding. For an element that is essentially present in every rock on planet earth, it took us a while to come to comprehend its true facets. Now that we do though, we understand that Swanson Ultra Lithium Orotate works in a number of very clever ways
- Its symmetry effectively tackles our bi-polar freneticism by augmenting and enhacing the uptake of two major neurotransmitters (norepinephrine and dopamine) into synaptosomes.
- Those synaptosomes are 'dead end' nerve endings which cannot release hormones so they remain where they are, keeping the subject conditional to those hormones.
- The result of which is that it helps people to remain calm when they would otherwise not be