- Provides uniquely effective support for healthy metabolic processes*
- Well known for its ability to rejuvenate other antioxidants like vitamins C and E
- Delivers 100, 300, or 600 mg of alpha lipoic acid per capsule
- Favorite among anti-aging regimens!
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Alpha Lipoic Acid, also known simply as Lipoic acid, is a vitamin-like compound that has been a popular antioxidant for over 60 years. Antioxidants are important as they fight free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage body cells and lead to many serious illnesses including heart disease and strokes.
A small amount of Alpha Lipoic Acid can be found naturally occurring in many sources of food, especially spinach, broccoli, kidney and liver. As these foods are often not the most popular in a general day-to-day diet, you may find it useful to supplement your intake with pure alpha lipoic acid capsules.
What is Alpha Lipoic Acid used for?
Taking Alpha Lipoic Acid may bring you many health benefits, both for general wellbeing and for support of a healthy body and lifestyle. Alpha Lipoic Acid may also have a positive impact upon:
- Antioxidants: Many people choose alpha lipoic acid to supplement their own antioxidants and support a healthy body.
- Glucose Processing: Alpha lipoic acid may present great health benefits that support the way the body maintains glucose use.
- Energy Boosting: Alpha lipoic acid is made within the body and is a vital source of cell energy production. Supplementing the bodys' own sources may provide nutrition for overall health.
- Vitamin Conservation: Naturally occurring Alpha lipoic acid may also help to conserve other vitamins in the body, including vitamin C and E.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Swanson Alpha Lipoic Acid?
Swanson Ultra has developed many highly potent doses of Alpha Lipoic Acid. This supplementary capsule contains up to 600mg of active ingredient.
The recommended daily dose of Alpha Lipoic Acid is 600mg, one to two times per day.
Swanson Ultra Alpha Lipoic Acid Special Precautions!
Alpha Lipoic Acid contains Gelatine, making it unsuitable for vegetarians.
Other ingredients may include: Rice flour, magnesium stearate and silica.
Lipoic acid supplements can be taken with or without food, but caution must be taken if you suffer from any glucose related conditions, are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Natural therapies carry a risk of contraindications when combined with various treatments and conditions. So it is essential that you check with your healthcare provider before embarking on any new therapies or complimentary health supplements.
Serving Size 1 Capsule
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Alpha-Lipoic Acid||100, 300, 600 mg||*|
*Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: Gelatin, calcium laurate, microcrystalline cellulose (plant fiber), silica.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule one to two times per day with food and water.
WARNING: For adults only. Consult your physician before using this or any product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use if seal is broken. Store in a cool, dry place.